20050611


Toronto TTC (Toronto Transit Commission). In Toronto, most of what we need is well within walking distance, and the public transportation system is better than any system I have experienced in Europe. In comparison to the Toronto TTC, the Belgian public transportation is so dismal, it is not even funny. By car, I lived only 13 minutes away from my work place in Belgium. I hate driving, so I have really done my best not to need a car. Unfortunately, it was impossible to cover that same distance in less than 3 hours by public transportation, and that included a more than 20 minute walk... On top of that, the cost per kilometer was about double by public transportation as compared to my car (which, admittedly, was a very small, low consumption vehicle). Thanks to my coming to Toronto, my dream of a car(e)less existence has finally been realized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home